Thursday, September 22, 2011

Only in Thailand

In Thailand, you are supposed to back into a parking space at the store. Bigger stores and malls have men with whistles reminding you of this and helping you back in if you look American. :) But they usually lay off when they see our blue diplomatic plates. I wasn't in the mood to back in on a quick shopping trip so I just pulled in and jumped out. A ridiculous Thai custom is that if you can't find a parking space, you can just park behind someone. This makes backing into spots around the double parked car impossible. And there are usually plenty of spots if you keep looking. But today was a first. I was blocked in. Luckily people leave their cars in neutral and the parking whistle blower pushed it out of the way for me. Gotta love Thailand!

1 comment:

Angie said...

that is CRAZY!!!! wow. that would take some getting used to.