Now that we are settled in our new home, we have heard quite the communication explosion from our little Wendy. Sometimes we understand words she says and sometimes not so much. One of the funniest things is her desire to speak the Thai words that I say most often. Sawadeeka means hello in Thai. She used to be so shy when we went out for walks. I would say Sawadeeka to all of the Thais who are cleaning, doing maintenance, or guarding our neighborhood or surrounding neighborhoods. They say it to Wendy with high hopes for a response. She has now decided to say some version of sawadeeka and the Thais eat it up! We also say cupkunka for Thank you. She finds this equally fun to attempt, although the resulting word often sounds similar to her version of sawadeeka. But, it has made her significantly less shy because she is so excited to try out her new word with every Thai she sees. Wendy also says numanum for banana everytime, which I find totally hilarious. This is a long video, but I thought it would be fun for some.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is awesome! I love it when little ones start talking! That is a hard word for hello!
adorable! videos are so fun to really see their personalities. i need to do it more often. good job learning some thai!! you know she'll probably speak it way better than you will....right?? :)
Post a Comment