Upon arrival in the U.S., I met my new OBGYN. He did an ultrasound of our little guy to make sure all is good. He even got a few 3-D ultrasound pictures. It's amazing how much this ultrasound picture looks like newborn pictures of Kyle. Now that the flight is over, I can finally focus on this new baby that is going to be joining our family soon. I'm so excited to meet him!
We are naming our third child Maxwell Christopher Perdue. When I was growing up, our religion was always a central part in my life. We knew as much as we could about the modern living Prophet and the living twelve Apostles. Because of my dad's church responsibilities, we even had a few Apostles visit or stay at our house. One of these Apostles was named Neal A. Maxwell. He didn't preach any personal sermons to us or anything. But, I remember feeling very different around Elder Maxwell. I knew he was called of God. Twice a year, we have a worldwide church meeting where we hear from the Prophet and Apostles. It seemed like everything I ever prayed about was answered in the conference as promised, but it was usually answered specifically by Neal A. Maxwell. He spoke in a way that was not just spiritual, but it made sense to my head and my heart. I read and reread the talks he gave. I found myself really pondering and digging deep to understand his messages. And I grew leaps and bounds spiritually. It seems like every sentence he ever spoke could be turned into a sermon. I carried many of his quotes on my mission and used them often to lift and strengthen others. When I was a missionary, I was in an area where our Bishop's wife was dying of cancer. She was one of the sweetest people I ever met. Elder Maxwell came to visit the neighboring town but every moment he was here was full of meetings and events he presided over. Sister Hampton was too weak to attend any of those meetings. He cut his lunch short so he could call her and talk to her for a few minutes. He too battled cancer and gave her perspective and peace that helped her and her family to cope and let go a few months later. It meant the world to her family and a whole lot to me. I want my third child to learn compassion, knowledge, and a thirst for spiritual wisdom like Neal A. Maxwell.
I feel that my husband also possesses these qualities. Chris has always had a thirst for knowledge. He is constantly reading and bettering himself. He has a huge heart and is always ready to help anyone in their time of need. He puts forth the energy necessary to become a spiritual person and walk with God. I am so grateful for his example and love to our little growing family. I feel it important to honor him in the name of this new baby as well.
We look forward to meeting our sweet Maxwell Christopher!

1 comment:
That is beautiful Meagan, thank you for sharing.
Rilda
Post a Comment