Monday, December 14, 2009

Turkey Day

We had such a fun Thanksgiving! Britt made the HUGE sacrifice to drive TWELVE HOURS from Georgia with her three kids to spend Thanksgiving weekend with us. We are so grateful for her sacrifice and loved having her little ones fill our lives with their special spirits. Here we are at Thanksgiving dinner.
The kids were excellent helpers in the kitchen. Ethan and I made the rolls. As soon as Kaylin ate them, she said "Meagan, these are really good rolls. I mean it. They are REALLY good!" What a sweet girl! Good job Ethan!
The Sharps came down to Virginia for Thanksgiving as well. They stayed nearby with Sarena's brother Todd and his wife Heather. It was awesome to get together with everyone and play!
Trevor is collecting coins for Scouts. We were able to give him some coins that we've collected from all over the world. It's so much fun to share our world travels with others.
The day after Thanksgiving, we all met at a park to play. The kids and dads all played tag until the hail got too strong. That's one way to keep warm!
Most of the girls preferred to be under the covered parts of the playground. There is nothing like spending time with my sisters!
I was so happy to be able to enjoy Brittany and Sarena! We even went on a Marathon Black Friday shopping trip! Chris was thrilled to stay behind and play Super Mario Brothers Wii with the three older Sharp kids.
Thanks for coming to Virginia guys! We hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

Tami said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the picture of you baking with Ethan. Such a nice aunt!

Brittany said...

Yay! I love this post! What memories! You are great hosts! So glad we could share turkey day with you, it was so yummy!!