Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! We love Christmas in our home. We both have fun planning fun surprises for each other and doing whatever we can to make Christmas special for each other. This makes each Christmas together better than the last!

Christmas Eve, we went over to the Browns' house for a great meal and Christmas program with their kids. Then we came home to do some of our Christmas Eve traditions. Our newest tradition is that Chris plays some Christmas songs on the trumpet while I sing. It's so nice for him to use his gift of music. Then we read the Sharp Family Christmas book, filled with scriptures and Christmas songs that we sing. We then give a gift to Jesus for his birthday....something that comes from the heart that will help us to be more Christ-like throughout the year. It's so nice for us to have our simple, sweet traditions to remind us what Christmas is all about.
I am now 36 weeks pregnant and definitely feeling ready for this baby girl to make her debut. Most of my Christmas holiday has been focused on getting everything ready to bring our baby into our home. We are so excited to meet her!
Chris likes to guess what I got him for Christmas. This has caused me to have to be more creative in my wrapping methods to hide his gifts better. He wasn't sure how to react when he unwrapped a Children's Place box. He immediately asked me if I bought him baby clothes for Christmas. He wasn't sure how to react to that! Luckily, there was his new favorite video game inside. Phew!
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas! We are so grateful that our Savior Jesus Christ was willing to come to this earth to pave the way for us to come back to Him. I have a new appreciation for Mary and the sacrifices she made to bring her sweet baby to this world. We are grateful for the spirit of giving that we feel during this season. We feel so blessed to have so many cherished loved ones. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Great post! I am glad that you guys had such a nice Christmas! How clever to wrap Chris' present in a Childrens place box! Good idea!

Angie said...

Merry Christmas! I'm glad you guys had a nice, quiet, relaxing christmas....It will NEVER happen again! :) hee hee. You look great Meag! Thanks for posting the preggie pic!!

Brittany said...

Yay! Merry Christmas!!! Can't believe this will be your last Christmas without kids!! I love that you were sneaky for Chris, you are too cute!