Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Hills are Alive...

Every month or so, the community center here on Base sponsors a Theater trip. They pick us all up and drive us to London, give us theater tickets, and bring us home for cheaper than we can buy tickets on our own. It's a pretty cool trip and we usually have a good group of friends go with us. Last month, the show was The Sound of Music. I thought it would be fun to go because I grew up with the movie and music. I was sure Chris would pass, but he said he wanted to go to. It wasn't until we were in the bus heading for London that I learned he had no idea what The Sound of Music was even about. Uh oh. We got to London early and had dinner with friends before the show. Then we went to the sparsely attended theater. The show itself was a huge letdown for me. The cast were mediocre at best, the set was cheesy, and some of the songs were painful to listen to. Bummer. However, the biggest bummer is that I have lost my credibility with Chris. Now he wants to look up and read about all plays that I suggest we see. He has already said no to this month's show. I guess I need to be a little more choosy with the next one!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

ha ha ha! i couldn't help but laugh when you said chris is going to look up the next plays you go to--big bummer! chris- it really is a great musical--go watch the movie! ;)

Tami said...

yea! a new post. Bummer that the musical stunk. I love the story of the sound of music. You are making me want to watch it right now! Sounds like you guys are having fun! Can't wait to see you soon!