Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lord of the Rings....Musical?

A year ago, if you would have told me that there is a musical of Lord of the Rings, I'm not sure I would have believed you. But, it is true! The Air Force Base where we work was doing a special movie trip for Lord of the Rings. Neither of us are huge Lord of the Rings fans, so we weren't sure we wanted to make the trip. However, our curiosity won over and we decided to check it out. We are so happy we did. The show is only running for a week more in London and is now one of our favorite theater shows that we've seen! We were able to eat at a little French Cafe before the show. Here I am with my friend Anna.
Here is the only picture we were able to get of the inside of the theater. As soon as Chris blinded me with the flash, an usher practically ran to his side to tell him he can't take pictures. So, we weren't able to get a good photo without the flash. Bummer. But, you can see the gold ring and the branches that weaved around the whole theater.
We really enjoyed the show. We loved the special effects. It's always interesting to see how something can be done on stage to look magical or life-like. There were acrobatic elves gliding through the air, bad guys doing flips on these pogo stick things, and a moving stage that gave the effect of climbing a mountain. The musical part wasn't the kind of thing where they sing conversations. It was more of a play where they would stop and sing a farewell song to the Hobbits, a bar song where they are jumping and dancing around, or an elf singing during their travels. We were really impressed.

3 comments:

Angie said...

How come it still looks cold there in JULY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Brittany said...

that sounds awesome. it seems like there are a ton of theatre shows there! i'm so jealous!

KT said...

I hope in the musical it took less time for someone to actually die. In the movie I spent the whole three trillion hours thinking "Oh my gosh, someone FALL OFF A BRIDGE ALREADY," but then again, for most of the movie I was asleep...