Sunday, July 6, 2008

Girl's Weekend

Since Chris was away for the holiday weekend, my friend Hannah and I decided to take a Girl's Weekend to the beach in NewQuay, South Wales. We were excited to sit on the beach and read or walk around the beach town. Unfortunately, it was cold and rainy the whole time. We found some really cool caves on the beach. Once we walked along the beach, we saw that the tide had come in and blocked our pathway back to the hotel. It was raining hard by then and Hannah's "raincoat" was really more like a dripping wet sheet at this point. We had to walk along the street twice as far to the hotel. We were really happy to have warm pajamas and comfortable beds!
It may not look too windy or rainy in the caves, so here's a picture that shows what the weather was like outside of the caves.
Here is the view from our hotel window. It was absolutely gorgeous! As we were leaving, the sun came out and the weather was perfect. Bad timing I guess!
When the tide comes in, the whole beach is covered with water. The water was so clear and beautiful.
One day we went to the Eden Project. This is a big facility where they are growing an ideal ecosystem. We explored inside these bubbles for several hours.

One half of the Eden Project was a rainforest. We had fun wandering around looking at rainforest plants. We were happy to be warm and dry, other than the humidity. The other half of the Eden Project was more like Souther California, with Cacti and lots of flowers.

We had a fantastic trip. It was so nice to get away and relax and enjoy the splendor of the Ocean. I was happy to be away from the office without the possibility of being called into work. Hannah and I can't wait to go on another adventure to the beach with our husbands!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow! looks like a really fun trip!! and gorgeous too. You are one hot babe meagy! Miss you!!!!

Tami said...

I still can't believe that you are living in London sometimes! Looks like a fun trip! I am so glad that you have great friends there. I would have loved to check out that Eden Project.

Angie said...

Bummer about the weather...but it still looks like you guys had fun. Sometimes those are the funnest trips with the coolest stories! :) Yea, that Eden project looks cool!!

KT said...

Englad looks a lot like Oregon sometimes. Man, I miss the Northwest.

The Vander Veurs said...

wow thats absolutly beautiful!!! you look so pretty!!! i miss you hope to hear from you im sure your busy. glad you had a good 4th that looked like tons of fun!

Rebekah said...

I love girls weekends!!! Looks like you guys had a blast. I haven't gone to Wales or anything but when we get back to UT after my hubby's summer job I am going away with one of my girlfriends and hopefully soon to be sister in laws. We will probably go to a spa and just go crazy. I am so excited for a break.