A friend of mine here showed me a piece of furniture she bought in Thailand. It was a gorgeous chest of drawers. She rubbed her ring over the white and brown design on the top and you could smell cinnamon. I thought, scratch and sniff cinnamon furniture, cool. She told me their shop is in Pattaya, where we were planning our next vacation, so Chris and I decided to check out their shop. The furniture was amazing!! We fell in love. They didn't have a china cabinet that I loved, so we got to design our own that will be delivered in a month or so. But, we fell in love with this dining room table and chairs set and side table. They delivered it to us the next day! The white and brown parts are stone with cinnamon embedded in it. With this much furniture and cinnamon, there is no scratching necessary. Our whole dining room smells like cinnamon. It smells like I just made cinnamon rolls. It's heavenly!!!
We will be replacing our embassy China cabinet with our cinnamon one as soon as it arrives. The size will be about the same as the embassy cabinet, but the design and smell will match our other furniture.
We now feel like we should eat every meal on China or something. It is so nice and beautiful! I'm excited to have some cushions made here (labor is very cheap) and continue decorating and enjoying this gorgeous room! Wendy has wanted to read, sit, and play with her toy food at the new table all day.
5 comments:
Wow that is REALLY beautiful furniture! Scratch and sniff, that's hilarious! Nice you don't have to scratch yours tho ;) I bet it's even prettier in person....hint hint
How exciting to be able to design your own hutch and to have such fun new furniture! It is beautiful!!
Meagan, I can't wait to see this beautiful exotic furniture in person. I LOVE the smell of cinnamon.... how cool it would be to have that fragrance always lingering in your home. Really strong lines, but a delicate design. Lovely!
I thought I'd seen it all - beautiful furniture with a great aroma - WOW!!! I love reading your blog!! THANKS for sharing!! Love you!!
oops - for some reason Mike was signed onto my computer LOL The last comment was from me, Deena :)
Post a Comment