Currently, about half of Bangkok is covered in flood waters. Whole houses are completely submerged in water. Many efforts have been taken to keep the water away from Bangkok and our neighborhood outside of Bangkok (We live close to a big government facility). Wednesday, October 19, Chris' management "strongly advised" us to move into a hotel. I was prepared to wait it out in our home, but Chris felt it was important to make the move. The Embassy paid for us to have two rooms in a five star hotel for a while. Our stay was going to be two days to start. I packed for a month and was glad I did. The evening before checkout, we kept getting letters saying the Ambassador extended our stay another two days if we want it. So, we kept staying. Most of the Embassy was let off work along with the Thai government for a five day weekend, but "essential" personnel still had to work. Chris was on the list. If it flood in Bangkok and not where we live, it doesn't matter. Chris still has to get to work. So, we've stayed. We plan to move back home on Halloween if there is no flooding by then.
Since we've been stuck in Bangkok, we've done our best to stay busy and see all the things we'd have to drive through horrible Bangkok traffic to see. We started with the Aquarium. We've been here before, but it was a quick trip and Wendy didn't get to play in their kid zone. We get a special discount, so it is very very cheap for us to go. She's checking out the snakes.
She's looking for all the pink ones. She likes to point out everything that's pink this week.
Wendy LOVED the kid zone!! She had no fear.
2 comments:
I love she's on a pink kick and she's wearing it too. She looks so happy!!! Crazy about the flooding. I really can't even imagine it. I should look online. So glad you are safe. Fun that Chris is essential ;))
Wendy is such a cutie-- Kyle is too!!! We miss them and you guys!
Post a Comment