Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Sewing Projects

I have finally started to feel in control of my life enough to find a few minutes here and there to sew. It's an interesting hobby of mine. It keeps growing and developing as I get new ideas. My friend Kira came over and saw some extra fabric I have that I didn't know what to do with. She suggested a tiered skirt. They are popular in the stores right now, but I must admit I've never seen one this cute! I'm thrilled with how it turned out! Wendy wants to wear it every minute that she can see it. Major bonus!
This little "model" is always on the move these days. I made the skirt a little big so she can grow into it. It fits her perfectly when we roll the top once, but I had her wear it full for pictures.
My sister Angie suggested I make a "pillowcase dress." I had purchased this fabric a couple of months ago because I loved it. But, I had no idea what to do with it. So, I made it into a little pillowcase dress. Again, I made it big so she can grow into it. She wasn't in the mood to take pictures, but she's still adorable.




2 comments:

kira said...

She IS adorable! And so is that skirt. You are a pro! LOVE IT. Plus, I have yet to make a pillowcase dress and I really want to. You'll have to let me in on your helpful tricks. ;)

Brittany said...

So cute Meagy! I'm so impressed! I love those both on my girls too, she is absolutely adorable! Good job!!!