Tuesday, October 26, 2010

9 Months Old

I can't believe our baby is 9 months old! She actually turned 9 months last Monday, but I wanted to go to the Dr before posting about it. She is 19lbs 11 ounces, which is 50-75% for her age. She's 28 inches, which is 75%, and her head is a whopping 90% for her age. We are sure it's all brains! When her Dr asked if she was saying mama and dada, I told her that she is. But, she's also saying hi sometimes when we say hi and she says yay when we say yay. This could be a coincidence or genius, but we're not sure. :) The Dr said we'll just go with genius for now. She loves to wave, loves to get her picture taken, and is obsessed with books! We try to stear her towards the $1 baby books for most of her playing, but she is often too tempted to resist the bookshelf full of "off-limits" books. She eats great, but is mostly interested in eating whatever we are eating. Sometimes she will refuse food until we put it in her hand and let her eat it herself. It's amazing how much she can eat with NO TEETH! One of her favorite times of the day is when daddy comes home! She loves to wrestle and play with daddy. He carries her around upstairs where he changes his clothes, so she is happy for the change of scenery. But, she still needs mommy when she is hurt, sick, or really tired. Wendy still loves all kids and adults from afar, but gets really nervous when adults other than mom or dad pick her up. She has suddenly had a major hair growth spirt and it just keeps coming in, which is fun! I've recently learned to make my own hairbows, so having a baby with hair is even more fun! I first put her hair in a cute little pony tail on the top of her head.
Then I add a bow to the tied back hair so it stays in all day. No more pulling out and eating headbands!
She is definitely extremely independent and has become a very fast crawler. She has completely abandoned the army crawl and sticks to the knees for faster mobility.
Like my previous post shows, she is climbing on everything! Especially to get to wherever mom or dad are.

What a cute little pink skeleton.


She often needs to lay down while reading a book so she can give it her full attention. You can see her little mouth is open as she is reading the book aloud with great emphasis.
It's amazing how much we love our sweet baby girl! She just keeps getting better and better!

1 comment:

Tami said...

She is sooooooo stinkin adorable. I agree, I am sure that she is a genius baby! Your new hair bows look great!!