Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chris turns the big 3-0

Last Friday, September 10, Chris turned 30! We had a great weekend celebrating with some of our favorite people. The top of Chris' invite list was Wendy. It was nice for him to get to spend some time with her. She loved his Birthday crown!
Chris was so spoiled this Birthday! Grandpa Kyle and Grandma Vicki sent us a box of super yummy, fresh beef. I bought Chris a garage freezer to hold the meat. He was thrilled!! We had the best roast either of us have ever had for Chris' birthday dinner!
Sometime Monday of that week, Chris lost his cell phone somewhere in our house. Then of course, the battery died while we were trying to find it. I finished unpacking and cleaning our house and Chris looked in every possible place he could think of, but we found no sign of the phone. So, we needed to get Chris a new phone. I acted like I was too busy and it was too expensive. The guy at the AT&T store gave me this pink display phone for Wendy. So, I wrapped it up and gave it to him for his Birthday! Look at his face. What a great sport. He was saying, "Where did you get this phone?" thinking that maybe a friend let him have their old phone or something.
Luckily, I was able to wheel and deal with the store manager to give me a fabulous deal on a new IPhone for Chris! He was a boy in a candy store with his new phone. He was sooo excited! And Wendy was just happy that someone finally gave her that cool bag.
That night, we had our friends Brooke and Scott and the Flynns for dinner, dessert, and games. We worked with the Flynns in England and it was so much fun to see their twin boys growing up!
Chris got his two dessert loves combined into one for his birthday....brownies and ice cream. Better yet, they were from Cold Stone!

He was sooo happy!
He says it's the best cake he's ever had and was ecstatic to have leftovers to eat all week!
The next night, we had my sister-in-law Sarena's brothers Tyson and Todd and their families over for a big birthday bash. Diana and Heather are also September babies, so we had a combined birthday cake. We had to get another Cold Stone cake so Chris could savor the brownie cake. Here are Chris, Heather, and Diana with their Cookie-Dough cake.

Happy Happy Birthday Chris! We are so grateful to be part of your life and family!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Looks like a very fun birthday! We are glad that Chris had such a great birthday and got to get a new iphone! Nice planning on that one Chris!

Brittany said...

Totally spoiled!!! ;) Meag, I love your trick of the pink phone, I would have been giggling hysterially! Ad I love how Wendy finally go that bag! too cute!! How fun he got TWO parties and TWO cakes! YUM!!!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Chris! That's awesome about the pink phone...ha ha. That cake looks delicious too! Mmmmmmmmmmm.