For the last couple of months, the books have been saying she should start to babble....saying things like da-da or ba-ba. I decided to encourage her to say ma-ma. I was unsuccessful until she was fussing yesterday and I said, what do you want? She said "ma-ma." Obviously, she got her way and I was ecstatic. Now, when she fusses, it sounds like, ma-ma, maaaa-maaa. Hmmm.....now we're working on saying da-da more often.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Six Months Old!!!
Our baby girl is six months old!! She's in the 75th percentile for height, weight, and head size. She just had a huge growth spurt and is now 16 pounds! She has lots of energy and is a rolling machine. We put her down and the next thing we know, she's across the room. She focuses on a toy and goes after it. Mom and dad's toys are even more appealing to her! But, her favorite toy is still mom and dad. She loves it when we tickle her, sing to her, read to her, and a new favorite is playing peek-a-boo. She often rolls towards us, even if we are laying next to her. She wants to get a closer look or be able to grab our clothes more easily to get our attention. She is a major music lover and often sings along to the radio or mommy. Her favorite song is Highway 20 Ride and she will calm down almost every time we play that song when she's fussy or crying. She likes to study everything and everyone. We are working on her sitting up skills.
For the last couple of months, the books have been saying she should start to babble....saying things like da-da or ba-ba. I decided to encourage her to say ma-ma. I was unsuccessful until she was fussing yesterday and I said, what do you want? She said "ma-ma." Obviously, she got her way and I was ecstatic. Now, when she fusses, it sounds like, ma-ma, maaaa-maaa. Hmmm.....now we're working on saying da-da more often.

And she's working on ways to get daddy's laptop. I don't know if you can see it, but her hair now sticks strait up in the back!!
She's not a huge fan of solids yet, but sure loves the sippy cup. Especially on a really warm humid day! Sometimes it surprises her when the water comes out and she spits it back up all over herself. But, she enjoys it. She also loves frozen teething toys, although her Dr. says she has months before her teeth will start coming out. I guess it's just a fun toy.

Keeping the headbands on is getting a little more tricky these days!

She loves jumping like crazy on the jumperoo!
How did she get in the kitchen on the mat? She's getting close to crawling, but can usually get where she wants to go by rolling.
For the last couple of months, the books have been saying she should start to babble....saying things like da-da or ba-ba. I decided to encourage her to say ma-ma. I was unsuccessful until she was fussing yesterday and I said, what do you want? She said "ma-ma." Obviously, she got her way and I was ecstatic. Now, when she fusses, it sounds like, ma-ma, maaaa-maaa. Hmmm.....now we're working on saying da-da more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a cutie! That is so funny that she has started liking your stuff more than her own toys. I hate that. She is growing up way too fast and is so sweet! By the way, I finally got around to blogging your visit. I am so glad that you guys came so that when I read about Wendy I really know her.
So many pictures! First of all I love her hair! It's growing in! And I love that while she's playing with her sippy she's looking at you...so cute. You can see her personality so much!! I love the pic with her bow over her eye, Mika always did that. :) I love seeing her grow up on your blog, she's such a beauty! Can't wait to see her crawl!
Wow. 6 months already!!! She's changing so much too! Love her spikey hair and her sleeping picture in her crib. So jealous of your webcam monitor. Nice green shirt too(dad's a geek). Very cute. :) Can't wait to see you guys soon! Hopefully she'll be able to roll AWAY from Henry!
Post a Comment