Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Road Show

A couple of weeks ago, I signed up for one of those experiences in life that stretches your comfort zone a bit. My amazing friend Hannah wrote the musical score for a local ward Road Show and asked me to be in it. I could hardly say no. So, I ended up as the Stepmother in a musical. My step-daughter was older than me, so she got me a nice grey wig and a proper old lady dress to help me look the part. I had a speaking part then I broke into song to my step-daughter on stage. I will admit that by the time I was finished with the speaking, I could hardly remember my name let alone my lines. But, luckily I knew the song well so made it through. That's me with the grey hair on the left.
Here's Chris practicing the dancing with the guys. He was happy to have a smaller part for the real performance. He sang with the Young Men. He is constantly surprising me with his willingness to sign up for these crazy adventures. What a great sport!
The whole group did a great job! We were happy to be part of this performance.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I am so impressed with you Perdue's!! Wow! I wish we had been there to see it! I bet your rocked the stage! --kinda like those people in your kaorokee video games?? :) i need a video.

KT said...

First road show...next broadway. Get me free tickets, k?

Angie said...

Wow! Way to go! You guys are brave!! But, i guess you do get quite a bit of practice with your kareoke! :)

Tami said...

Wow, I am amazed! A song and everything! nice job. you are following in Mom's footsteps. That is so awesome!!