Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Meagan!

Yesterday, May 10 was my birthday. Chris went all out to make it the best birthday ever! The night before the big day, he threw a karaoke party for me. Friends from work and church came to celebrate with us. We had a really good time. They were all tickled to see Chris up there singing karaoke like a pro. We had fun with a couple of duets.
I'm not sure why, but it seems that Brittany Spears brings out the dancing queen in everyone. How fun!
On my birthday, Chris brought me breakfast in bed, gave me a massage, spoiled me all morning then took me to London for the evening. We ate at the Texas Embassy Restaurant. The steaks were awesome!
We then walked around for a couple of hours in London. We went to Trafalgar Square, St. Martin's Cathedral, and Covent Garden. The weather was about 75 degrees. It was nice to be outside on such a gorgeous evening.

Next, we went to the Theater show of Stomp. It's an act where a group of 8 actors plays music and all types of entertainment with household items. For example, they had several songs using just the noises that are made from brooms. Other acts used garbage cans, sinks, pots and pans, and even plungers. We thoroughly enjoyed the show.

What a perfect day! It will definitely be hard for either of us to beat!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Yay! Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had such a great weekend! Another year come and gone! Dang! Where does the time go????? Love all the pics!

AMY_BELL - said...

Happy Birthday Meagan!! I bet it's great to share your birthday with your new hubby :) It sounds like London is treating you guys well.

Tami said...

How fun! I am glad that you had such a great birthday! Nice work Chris! I love seeing the pictures of you guys hanging out in London. I still can't believe that you live there! I love the group stomp! I saw them on a sesame street video one time (not exactly as cool as a theatre in London!) They do really amazing stuff! I am glad that you had the perfect birthday!

Brittany said...

What a fun day!! It sounds like you had a really great birthday. Happy Birthday!!!