Sunday, November 11, 2007

Chris moves to England

Chris received a new assignment to live overseas in England. He was going to travel quite a bit. At this point, I had been traveling frequently for over a year. I was nervous for him. Travel jobs sound glamorous but they are really tough on most people. But, Chris was excited for the new adventure. We had become good friends by now and it was sad to see him go. We continued to chat online at work and at home. We discussed everything. When we were going through tough times, we were always there for each other. We had several doctrinal discussions that strengthened us individually and helped us to bond more deaply than ever before. Friends would ask why I wasn't dating Chris. I would respond that if he were the same in person as he was online, I would go for him. But, he was still too shy. His time in England really helped him though. He became more outgoing and confident. He became more founded in our church and what he wanted out of life. And he was always there for me when I needed him.

No comments: